Dear Poolin.com Users,
Sia is going to have a hardfork at block height 179000 and is expected to be around 18:00pm October 31st UTC assuming 10 mins a block. After that, there will be two currencies, namely:
1) Sia: that can be mined generally with GPU after hard fork;
2) SiaClassic: can still be mined using Innosilicon S11 and Antminer A3.
About this hardfork, what customers may have known is that miners like Innosilicon S11 and Antminer A3 cannot mine Sia any more and can only be used to mine SiaClassic. This saying is not 100% correct because those miners can actually still be used to mine Sia though their hashrate will have a sharp drop.
To understand this well, we need to figure out what has been upgraded in this hardfork. In this hardfork, the validation of Nonce is changed, which resulted in the phenomenon of low hashrate of S11 and A3. Taking Innosilicon S11 as an example, its hashrate is 3.83TH/s. After hardfork, it will only have 1/1009 of its theoretical hashrate, which is around 3.8GH/s, too low to cover the electricity cost.
Note: this will not affect Obelisk miners. If you have Obelisk miners, you can continue to mine Sia.
About SiaClassic mining, please note the following points:
1. Poolin.com mining pool has fully supported SiaClassic mining and you just need to connect your miners to Poolin.com. When the block height is near 179000, Poolin.com will divert your hashrate to SiaClassic;
2. Your hashrate will be diverted to SiaClassic in the same sub-account. After diversion, your SiaClassic sub-account will not have a SiaClassic wallet address, which means your mining profit will be temporarily stored in Poolin.com if you do not set address;
3. If you are going to set an official wallet's address as the withdraw address in pool, please note that: DO NOT UPGRADE YOUR WALLET AND KEEP IT IN VERSION 1.3.5 OR BELOW (1.3.4 IS RECOMMENDED). Or there may be cases of mining profit lost;
4. If you are going to set an address from exchange as the withdraw address in pool, please check with exchange first and make sure they can deposit SiaClassic. Or there may be cases of mining profit lost;
5. If you have some Sia balance in Poolin.com due to reasons like address not set, please modify address asap. Or your Sia balance will turn into SiaClassic after hardfork.
About SiaClassic wallet and exchange:
1. Wallet: please use official wallet (version in 1.3.5 or below, 1.3.4 version is recommended). Download: https://github.com/NebulousLabs/Sia-UI/releases
2. Exchange: on the way
As Sia hardforked into Sia and SiaClassic, many customers are asking about whether they will get same amount SiaClassic. Please note:
1. Poolin.com acts as a pool during this process, but not wallet, so we will not be in charge of such distribution. Please check with wallets or exchanges you are using;
2. If you are using the official wallet, please make sure you have some Sia in the wallet. And to get both Sia and SiaClassic during the hardfork, you need to run two versions of the official wallet, one in version 1.3.5 or below (1.3.4 recommended) and one in version 1.3.6 or above (1.3.7 recommended);
3. If you are using exchange to store your Sia, please check with exchange about more details.
Official website of Sia and SiaClassic:
Please contact us if you have further questions.
Our email: email@example.com